15th International Conference on Environmental Science and Technology (CEST2017)
31.8. - 2.9.2017, Rhodes, Greece
The International Conference on Environmental Science and Technology is one of the worldwide leading environmental conferences. This biennial conference brings together engineers, scientists, researchers, students, managers and other professionals in order to address and discuss emerging environmental issues.
The success of this conference reflects the critical environmental topics that are discussed as well as the quality of the presented papers. All the papers that are selected for either oral or poster presentation undergo a review process. As a result of the improving quality of the papers in previous conferences, their proceedings have been included in databases, such as Science Citation Index (ISI) and SRCosmos.
The following is a selection of topics for which the Scientific
and Programme Committee is particularly seeking contributions. However,
contributions for any topic in the field of Environmental Science and
Technology will be considered. Special sessions relevant to the topics
will be organized in the framework of CEST2017.
- Advanced oxidation processes
- Agroforestry and the environment
- Atmospheric sciences
- Ecology and ecosystem management
- Efficient conversion of biomass and waste into valuable products
- Electric and electronic waste
- Emerging pollutants
- Energy technologies and sustainability
- Environmental data analysis and modelling
- Environmental Odour Monitoring and Control
- Food waste
- Food-energy nexus in a Global context
- Hazardous Waste Management
- Heavy metals in the environment
- Hydrology and water resources management
- Innovation in health and environment applications
- Marine environment and coastal management
- Microplastics in the marine environment
- Refining the assessment of human exposures to emerging contaminants and their health effects
- Smart cities for a Sustainable Development
- Soil and groundwater contamination and remediation
- Solid waste management
- Spatial analysis methods in water resources
- Spatial environmental planning
- The 5 dimensions of NEXUS: WATER-ENERGY-LAND-CLIMATE-FOOD
- The environmental footprint of tourism
- Water and wastewater treatment
- Water-Energy Nexus
Organizer: Global Network of Environmental Science and Technology (Global NEST)
Waste-to-Energy (WtE) facility
Renergia, a brand new Waste-to-Energy (WtE) facility opened in Canton Lucerne, shows that Waste-to-Energy can provide reliable heat for industries.
Category: Incineration / Waste-to-Energy plant
Executing firm: Renergia Zentralschweiz AG
MBT Ljubljana, Slovenia
In Slovenia arises one of the largest and most modern waste treatment plants in Europe.
Category: Recycling / MBT
Executing firm: STRABAG AG
Flue Gas Cleaning
The final unit of the incineration plant is one of the most important parts as it has the objective of cleaning the air pollutants produced.
Executing firm: ete.a - Ingenieurgesellschaft für Energie– und Umweltengineering & Beratung mbH
Batch Dry Fermentation
The biogas produced from the waste can be converted in a CHP to electrical and thermal energy or fed as processed bio-methane into the natural gas grid or used as fuel (CNG).
Category: Recycling / Fermentation
Executing firm: BEKON Energy Technologies Co. & KG
MBT Warsaw, Poland
The Bio-Dry™ system is a static, aerated and flexibly enclosed reactor for the biological drying of various solid waste matters containing some biodegradable contents.
Category: Recycling / MBT
Executing firm: Convaero GmbH