ERSCP 2017 - European Roundtable on Sustainable Consumption and Production
1.10. - 5.10.2017, SKIATHOS ISLAND, Greece
The ERSCP is one of Europe's most remarkable conferences in its field and has taken place periodically since 1994. ERSCPs favour discussions about the key issues in sustainable consumption and production; the exchange of thoughts, knowledge, experiences and SCP proposals; and the creation of a European (also worldwide) community of research and practice in sustainable consumption and production. The main goal of the ERSCPs is to encourage discussion amongst stakeholders involved in sustainable consumption and production: businesses, public institutions, universities, institutes and research centres, NGOs, SMEs, professional associations, decision-makers, etc.
The main themes of the conference can be summarized in the following categories:
- Circular Economy
- Zero waste management
- Eco–Innovation Eco–Design/Design for Sustainability
- Eco–Efficiency, Sustainable/Smart Cities Advances in Sustainable Consumption & Lifestyles
- Sustainability in Production & Design
- Sustainable Consumption and Food Waste Prevention
- Sustainability Innovations Research and Development
- Challenges for making progress in cross-cutting themes including Green and Inclusive Entrepreneurship & Sustainability
- Ethical Investments
- Food & Waste
- (Zero) waste management and Circular Economy
- Design for sustainability
- Resource Efficiency
- Sustainable products and Sustainable production
- Advances in Sustainable Consumption & Lifestyles
- Sustainability Research, Development and Innovation
- Sustainable/Smart Cities and Communities
- Sustainability policy and Future Development
- Education for Sustainable Development
Organizer: National Technical University of Athens, GR; PASEPPE, GR; HSWMA, GR; ARVIS SA/PASEPPE, GR
Waste-to-Energy (WtE) facility
Renergia, a brand new Waste-to-Energy (WtE) facility opened in Canton Lucerne, shows that Waste-to-Energy can provide reliable heat for industries.
Category: Incineration / Waste-to-Energy plant
Executing firm: Renergia Zentralschweiz AG
MBT Ljubljana, Slovenia
In Slovenia arises one of the largest and most modern waste treatment plants in Europe.
Category: Recycling / MBT
Executing firm: STRABAG AG
Flue Gas Cleaning
The final unit of the incineration plant is one of the most important parts as it has the objective of cleaning the air pollutants produced.
Executing firm: ete.a - Ingenieurgesellschaft für Energie– und Umweltengineering & Beratung mbH
Batch Dry Fermentation
The biogas produced from the waste can be converted in a CHP to electrical and thermal energy or fed as processed bio-methane into the natural gas grid or used as fuel (CNG).
Category: Recycling / Fermentation
Executing firm: BEKON Energy Technologies Co. & KG
MBT Warsaw, Poland
The Bio-Dry™ system is a static, aerated and flexibly enclosed reactor for the biological drying of various solid waste matters containing some biodegradable contents.
Category: Recycling / MBT
Executing firm: Convaero GmbH